About the Role
The Research Scientist will work directly with a team of scientists to design, develop and validate immuno-assays on a novel diagnostic platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring project goals are met in a timely manner and to communicate the results to relevant stakeholders.
· Work with the team to scope and manage project within requirements and ensure timely execution.
· Design and execute experiments for development and optimization of immune-diagnostic assays according to required specifications.
· Constantly survey literature for new ideas that for the optimization of immunoassays
· Able to analyse, summarize and communicate results to relevant stakeholders.
· Provide scientific input in both R&D meetings and multifunctional meetings.
· Maintains GLP compliance for all laboratory work and documentation related to assay validations in accordance with FDA regulations and company SOPs.
· Mentor junior team members in experimental design and troubleshooting.
· PhD qualification in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines.
· Extensive experience in surface chemistry and/ or biomolecular conjugation preferred.
· Familiarity with general molecular biology and biochemical assays such as qPCR and ELISA.
· Prior industry assay development experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of regulatory or quality assurance processes is an advantage.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Able to work independently and in a collaborative manner with an interdisciplinary team.
· Fully vaccinated (as defined by the Ministry of Health, Singapore) against Covid-19
About the Company
SunBird Bio is a Singapore start-up, exploring new frontiers in molecular diagnostics.
We are a passionate team coming together from a wide range of backgrounds to solve complex diagnostics problems and realize transformative solutions by pushing the technology boundaries.
Our innovative diagnostic platform will provide opportunities for faster, more accurate, and more affordable results. These technologies have received multiple awards and are often featured in the news media for their scientific breakthroughs.